Hillside Veterinary Clinic has started a new branch--the Research Center of Dallas--to perform clinical drug trials exclusively for animal pharmaceuticals. This medical research will generate safety and efficacy data that will allow for the developments of new medications approved for animals. Your pet can be a part of this process, and in most trials the diagnostic testing is at no cost to you (i.e. exam, lab work, radiographs, and the trial medication).
Call Cathy at 214-824-0397 Monday-Friday, 6 am - 2 pm for more information.
Check back for updates on current trials and help us make a brighter future for our pets.
Feline Flea Study
- This is a 105 day study and requires 5 office visits.
- Cats must be 6mths of age or older, weigh more than 2.2lbs, and be stable.
- At least one cat in household must have at least 5 fleas. (Households with up to 5 cats, can have no more than 5 dogs as well.)
- Cats may not have been treated with topical heartworm prevention/flea control within 90 days, Seresto collar is a 30 day washout.
Feline Study for Chronic Kidney Disease
Does your cat have early signs if kidney disease?
Our clinic is conducting a clinical trial evaluation a product to help improve quality of life for cats suffering from CKD. Qualifying cats will receive free examinations, blood work/urine evaluations, and supplements for participating in the study. If you are interested in participating in the study please click on the link below and enter your information to be contacted. All participants must come into our office for examination and be able to take the study-related treatments.
Feline Study for Chronic Kidney Disease and Anemia
The objective of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the study drug on red blood cell percentage, the duration of treatment effect, and the potential benefit to your cat's quality of life.
Criteria for your cat's inclusion in the study
- Is at least 12 months of age
- Has been diagnosed with CKD
- Has low red blood cell count associated with their disease.
Canine Atopic Dermatitis Clinical Trial
We are participating in a clinical trial for a potential new, once-daily medicine for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs. We are now enrolling dogs that meet eligibility requirements, including some restrictions on recent medications and therapies. Dogs, at least 12 months of age, diagnosed with atopic dermatitis may be eligible to participate. The study will last approximately 4 months, and will require a minimum of 6 study visits for follow-up evaluations. Costs for all visits and associated veterinary care will be covered by the study.
Canine Flea Study
- No more than 5 dogs per household, and 1 of your dogs has at least 10 live fleas.
- Able to bring you dog(s) to Hillside Veterinary Clinic for multiple visits.
- Households can have no more than 5 cats and no other mammalian pets.
Canine Pruritus Study
Does your dog have allergies? We are currently seeking canine friends with allergic dermatitis to participate in a clinical study. Please call Cathy for more information or to see if your pet may qualify.